Lyon is a beautiful, large, vibrant city with lots to see and do. But, let’s face it – any self-respecting trip to Lyon is gonna be all about the food. And when you’re hankering for some world-class food, you want to get there as soon as possible. So, let’s talk about the fabulous, jet-setting vacation you’re going to have once you include a cheap flight to Lyon for dinner, shall we? Yes, let’s do that now.
The Lyon-Saint Exupéry Airport is a major airport, so there are many budget airlines that fly to Lyon. And it easily connects to Lyon via the Rhônexpress train from the airport. So, we’re all set there. But what a lot of travelers don’t know is that there are TONS of low-cost airlines in Europe, and it can kind of get confusing. Hopefully, we’ll sort that all out here.
Budget Airlines that Fly to Lyon
You’ll see some recognizable airline names here, in partnership with cheapo airlines. It’s best to check the cheapo airlines’ sites for the best rates. As for the ones you don’t recognize, I know they look sketchy – but low-cost airlines are a huge thing in Europe, and everyone takes them. So, just go with your level of comfort and your budget, and you’ll be dining on Lyonnaise delicacies before you know it!
- Aer Lingus – Dublin
- Air France (via Airlinair) – Clermont-Ferrand, Florence, Le Havre, Limoges, Marseille, Milan-Malpensa, Montpellier, Paris-Orly, Pau, Toulouse
- Air France (via Brit Air) – Barcelona, Birmingham, Brest, Caen, Copenhagen, Düsseldorf, Hamburg, Le Havre, Lille, Madrid, Munich, Nice, Prague, Rennes, Rome-Fiumicino, Strasbourg
- Air France (via CCM Airlines) – Ajaccio, Bastia, Figari
- Air France (via Régional) – Amsterdam, Basel/Mulhouse, Biarritz, Bologna, Brussels, Clermont-Ferrand, Lorient, Metz/Nancy, Milan-Malpensa, Pau, Stuttgart, Venice-Marco Polo
- Atlas Blue Fes – Marrakech
- BMI – Manchester
- City Airline – Gothenburg-Landvetter
- EasyJet – Barcelona, Brussels, Bordeaux, Casablanca, Edinburgh, Lisbon, London-Gatwick, London-Stansted, Madrid, Marrakech, Nantes, Pisa, Porto, Rome-Ciampino, Toulouse, Venice-Marco Polo
- Iberia Airlines (via Air Nostrum) – Madrid
- Jet4you – Casablanca
- Lufthansa (via Eurowings) – Munich
- Lufthansa CityLine – Düsseldorf
- TAP (via Portugália) – Lisbon
Want some other inspiration for travel to and throughout France? Check out these links:
- Getting Around France
- Train Travel in France
- TGV: France’s High-Speed Train
- Driving in France
- Eurolines Bus Stations in France